Sunday, August 21, 2005

Calling Technorati out

Wow. Jason Kottke called it. Technorati's the emperor with no clothes. Or at least it's true that their vestments are in tremendous disarray. And it's about time somebody went public on it.

See, I've also been disappointed in the big T's performance on my searches. I too have been dismayed to see items come up that I've seen before, sometimes months ago. And I've been mystified to find that others with similar searches are coming up with results I never see (unless these folks point me to them). Although apparently not mystified enough to get off my ass and find another way to search. Until now.

So I've got my keyword searches going on PubSub now. I'll keep T going for awhile because it will be fun to compare results. And I think I'll try a couple of others, just to see what I come up with.

Jeff Jarvis's recent Dell Hell saga and now this are maybe just the tip of the iceberg in calling attention to the power of "negative viral" marketing. It will be interesting to see what kind of backlash Kottke's sound (but fair) thrashing creates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home