Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Someone's checking me out


It's so interesting to look at site stats (and so easy when you don't attract all that much traffic).

For instance, yesterday I was looking at my stats for my other blog and I noticed the visitor at right. "Hmm," I thought, "unknown domain, unknown organization, unknown country ... looks like they don't want to be tracked."

Ok, sometimes I'm paranoid.

Then I checked out the term this person searched in Yahoo: "kathleen vandervelde." And my paranoia meter went sky high.

So I decided to check the stats on this blog. Lo and behold, I see this:


Again, unknown domain, unknown organization. This time the search term was "devos," searched through Google Blog Search. Could be two different people, right? But look at the similarities in these two searches:
  • Same IP address
  • Searches made only minutes apart (devos first, then just a few minutes later, kathleen vandervelde)
  • Both searches from a Macintosh with OSX
I don't know, of course, who is checking me out, but I have my ideas. (The OSX clue does kinda narrow things down. Very few visitors to either blog are on a Mac and I pretty much know who they are.)

Like I said, it's interesting. I'll be keeping my eye on this, you bet!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would probably be the D!ck Dev0s people, checking you out for their H0me1and $ecurity Enemies List. Nothing to worry about.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home