Monday, March 27, 2006

Rinck to run for Congress

His dad Dick announced it Thursday night at choir rehearsal and the Press reported it on Saturday: Attorney and GR School Board member Jim Rinck is making a run for Congress. Vern Ehlers, the popular six-term republican who now holds Michigan's Third District seat, hasn't yet announced if he'll run.

Even though I've lived in a suburban school district for 10 years now, I never quit following GR Schools politics. I've always admired the outspoken Rinck for his ability to stir things that need stirring and his willingness to push for change. Said Rinck to the Press:
"I think the Democrats need to make this race more competitive and know I can do the job."
I think he can, too. Good luck to you, Jim.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lew Scannon said...

Anything to defeat ol' Vern.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home